A journey to a thousand miles begins with a single step. You have probably heard about it a couple of times in the past. It makes sense and it’s very well applicable to an online business.
Every serious online venture starts with a domain name. In this article, we’ll discuss more about domain names.
What is A Domain Name?
Put simply, a domain name is your primary identity on the Internet. It is a name that helps people remember you or your online business.
Here are some examples:
- Google.com – By Google Inc., the giant search engine we all have grown to love.
- CarlosOnWeb.com – That’s the domain name of my personal website.
- Facebook.com – The social networking website where I’m hooked every single day — almost.
Of course you are not limited to .com domains. There are a couple of others including:
- .net — usually used by Network providers
- .org — for the non-profit organizations
- .info — websites that usually give out information to the general public
A domain name is unique; no two businesses can have the same domain name.
To get a domain name, you have to register it using a domain registrar (companies like Godaddy.com). But before doing that, first do a research. Make sure that you come up with a domain name that is easy for people to remember.
The Pre-Registration Process
There is really no pre-registration process, but the following tips will save you a lot of time during the registration process. Make sure that you keep these things in mind.
1. Check for the availability of the domain name. Use the DomainSearch.com website to check if your domain name is still available. Nothing can be more frustrating than knowing that someone has already taken the domain name that you have in mind. If it’s already taken, be creative and come up with a different name that is as close to your line of business. It also helps if you can brainstorm with someone when coming up with a domain name that is easy to remember.
2. Have your credit card within reach. These days, when you pay for stuff online, you are most likely to use a credit card. Ours is a Credit Economy and having a credit card becomes more and more important if you go online.
3. Decide on which email address to use. If you are like me, you probably have separate emails for friends, family, and business use. Make sure that you use the one you are using for business purposes and never ever mix it up with emails that you use for other things.
How To Register A Domain Name
There are a lot of companies that you can use to register a domain name. But the best one I have been using over the years is Godaddy.com.
If you are excited to go about it, go to the website site now by clicking on the image link below.
If, however, you want to get a step-by-step overview on how to go about the process, the short YouTube video can be of help.
Register Your Domain Name Now!
How would you respond if someone asks you, “Do you have a website?”
If that question is not yet important to you, you’ll soon find out that it is. As an entrepreneur, having your own business website is one thing you can really be proud of. And the first step — the very step to that direction — is having your own domain name.
Start learning now.
Start earning online now.
Register your domain name now. Follow this link.